Blackbaud Digital Fundraising Awards Evening
On Tuesday 9 October, we held a party at the Jerwood Space, London to celebrate the winners of the inaugural Digital Fundraising Awards.
Winners in the nine different categories were announced after a public vote saw almost 8,000 votes cast in support of the different finalists, who had been chosen by the judging panel of digital experts: Sylwia Presley, Steve Bridger and Ross McCulloch, chaired by UK Fundraising editor Howard Lake.
“The panel was hugely impressed with the overall quality of the entries and for the finalists to receive so many votes is testament to the standard of digital fundraising in the UK,” said UK Fundraising editor and chair of the judging panel, Howard Lake. “There are many charities that are doing excellent work in the digital field and all of our winners tonight should be proud of what they have achieved.”
Digital Fundraising Awards 2012 Winners
- Most Promising Digital Tool – Timto
- Best Use of Video in Fundraising – Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability: Brain Awareness Week Campaign
- Best Mobile Fundraising Campaign – Acorns Children’s Hospice: Acorns and Aston Villa FC Text to Donate Challenge
- Best Use of Facebook in Fundraising – Rotary Club of Grantham/Rotary International: Rotary Global Swimathon
- Best Use of Geo/Location in Fundraising – Big Egg Hunt (Action for Children, The Elephant Family)
- Best Crowdfunding – Manchester Modernist Society: CAMPUS campaign
- Best Pro Bono / Partnership campaign – Big Egg Hunt (Action for Children, The Elephant Family, Faberge, Fallon)
- Best Mobile App for Fundraising – Depaul UK: iHobo
- Best Use of Email in Fundraising – Exeter College, Oxford
“I’d like to congratulate all of the winners and finalists,” said Martin Campbell, Director of Innovation and Strategy, Blackbaud Europe. “Digital is a channel with enormous potential for fundraising and our winners have embraced this and are already delivering digital campaigns with impressive results. It is not about doing something that looks wonderful but delivers little and good digital campaigns must be results-focused and integrated with an overall brand. Our winners have all done that and fully deserve their recognition.”
Please keep an eye on the site for details for how to enter the 2013 Digital Fundraising Awards.